Forerunner Technologies’ Workplace Diversity Plan recognizes that all people have different qualities, skills, qualifications, experiences, and attitudes of work and that valuing and making the most of these differences can improve the workplace for individuals and enhance the overall performance of the company.
While there is a legislative requirement to ensure that the principles of equity and diversity are maintained, Forerunner Technologies fully supports the initiatives of a Workplace Diversity Plan. All members and staff contribute to the success of the plan by being familiar with its objectives and promoting its principles.
The principles of Forerunner Technologies Workplace Diversity Plan are to:
- Treat each other with respect and dignity
- Provide a safe, secure, and healthy workplace
- Make decisions genuinely based on equity and fairness
- Value the diversity of people, and
- Take appropriate action to elimination discrimination.
Forerunner’s Technologies Workplace Diversity Plan relates to gender, age, language, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation, and religious belief.
Diversity also refers to the numerous ways we are different in other respects such as educational level, job function, socio-economic background, personality profile, geographic location, marital status, and whether or not one has family or other career responsibilities.
Diversity is the quality of being different and unique. Forerunner Technologies values diversity by recognizing and respecting each individual’s unique attributes. We will manage diversity by creating and sustaining an environment where everyone can achieve his or her potential.
The key objectives of Forerunner Technologies Workplace Diversity Plan are to:
- Promote awareness of workplace diversity within the company
- Develop and maintain a highly skilled, diverse, and effective workforce, where all employees and members are valued, encouraged and provided with opportunities to develop their potential
- Develop a supportive workplace culture which allows employees and members to balance their work and personal life
- Provide a discrimination and harassment free workplace; and
- Embrace workplace diversity principles in recruitment and selection processes.
Forerunner Technologies will respect and make best use of the diverse talents of individuals and work towards building good working relationships. It will ensure that action is taken to eliminate discrimination and employment related disadvantages.
Forerunner Technologies will ensure that its workplaces will be free from unlawful discrimination and harassment in any form. It will maintain appropriate standards of ethical behavior, conduct, and performance.
By valuing workplace diversity, individuals and teams benefit from:
- The breaking down of prejudices and avoiding stereotyping
- A better framework for decision making within the company
- Improved productivity
- Increased morale and commitment to the company
- Improved communication and sharing of ideas
- A greater appreciation of different ways of working and sharing of ideas
- Increased utilization of skills
- Greater recognition of skills, talents, and abilities
- Good working relationships between people
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Flexibility to balance work, family, and personal responsibilities
- Reduced workplace stress, and
- Fair and equitable staff selection.
To increase the effectiveness of Forerunner Technologies Workplace Diversity Plan with their customers and suppliers, Forerunner Technologies will communicate and commit in a constructive manner that promotes workplace diversity. This workplace diversity shows that Forerunner Technologies realizes the full potential of their employees, providing solutions and enabling their customers and suppliers to take advantage of all that Forerunner Technologies has to offer.
Update on COVID-19
Forerunner is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe work environment for our employees, customers, and communities. In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the COVID-19 Safe Work Plan offers guidance to employees, partners, contractors, and visitors while working at any customer site.
Read our Safe Work Plan White Paper below: